Credit for Contributions to Qualifying Charitable Organizations
- The maximum QCO credit donation amount for 2022:
$400 single, married filing separate or head of household; $800 married filing joint.
- The maximum QCO credit donation amount for 2023:
$421 single, married filing separate or head of household; $841 married filing joint.
- Please Note: Arizona law allows QCO donations made during 2022 or donations made from January 1, 2023 through April 18, 2023 to be claimed on the 2022 Arizona income tax return. The maximum credit that can be claimed on the 2022 Arizona return for donations made to QCO's is $400 for single, married filing separate or head of household taxpayers, and $800 for married filing joint taxpayers. If a taxpayer makes a QCO donation from January 1, 2023 through April 18, 2023 and wants to claim the higher 2023 maximum credit amount, the taxpayer will need to claim the credit on the 2023 Arizona return filed in 2024.
- These are full deductions, not refunds. These contributions are donated directly to schools and programs, not to the district or state.
- You can donate to the band with a tax credit donation whether you have students or not. Any Arizona citizen can donate. When you file your Arizona taxes you will be asked if you made contributions to public school programs. Your donation will help lower your tax liability to the state.
Steps to Donate for tax credit:
- Visit: https://az-deervalley-lite.intouchreceipting.com/
- Find: Sandra Day O'Connor High School from the drop-down menu
- Fill In: SDOHS BAND TAX CREDIT OR STUDENT NAME
- Enter Amount & Enter Payment Info.
- Click Submit
More Info from Arizona Contributions: https://azdor.gov/tax-credits/contributions-qcos-and-qfcos