New Band Director
We are excited and proud to announce that we have a new band director. Please welcome Ms. Amy Frost as the new Director of Bands for Sandra Day O’Connor High School. Find out more about Ms. Frost here.
Get information about Ryan’s Race here.
The race has a lot of slots open for traffic control and runner timing volunteers. Go to the link above and click on Volunteers to sign up.
Donate to SDOHS Band Program
We have three ways to donate to our band program. What will your donations be used for:
- Music Stands – we are on the schools original set and don’t have enough
- Clinicians – people that we can bring in to help work the bands/orchestras
- Music – with several jazz, concert, and orchestra groups, we just don’t have enough
- Clarinet Choir, Sax Choir, Flute Choir…ahhh
- Equipment – No band program will ever have enough – band, guard, percussion
- Classroom – Sticks, mouthpieces of a professional quality
O’Connor Marching Band
Every year the SDOHS Drum Majors are asked to write a couple paragraphs about what band means to them and what they would like to tell students considering marching band as a class. Here is what they had to say: